As recently I became the webmaster on the drupal.org and few people started asking me about how to become a webmaster and where to start. So I write a blog post so that others can benefit.
In simple words: "Start Contributing". Webmaster privileges aren't granted lightly for obvious reasons. A solid history of consistent contributions on drupal.org is a must to get consideration for an elevated role.
How to start contributing & where you can contribute :
- Help out in the content queue, especially reviewing Service Listing requests .Marketing guidelines for reviewing the service listing requests.
- Training Listing requests, Marketing guidelines to review training listing requests.
- Help out in the webmasters queue, Textual improvements requests.
- Depending on your skills, you can also contribute to drupal customizations as well.
- if you found any problem while contributing to above sections,just comment on the below post/ if you need immediate answer you can try and find one of the webmasters on IRC - #drupalorg IRC channel on Freenode.
If you have good coding skills, you are more than welcome to help reviewing project applications. I encourage you to learn more about that process and join the group of reviewers.
Next article: We will look at how to be a git administrator on drupal.org