In this article I will show you how to setup New Relic on Ubuntu 12.04 on linode.
First Login on Newrelic website if you have an account unless Register with a email address.Then follow these steps :
- Click on the Applications tab in the left sidebar on your dashboard.
- Choose your language.
- Click on Reveal license key button.
- Select your Environment to Debian-based (Debian, Ubuntu, etc)
- Then login to your server with root account
- Get the key :
wget -O - http://download.newrelic.com/548C16BF.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
- Add newrelic repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://apt.newrelic.com/debian/ newrelic non-free" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/newrelic.list'
- Install the package and configure it:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install newrelic-php5 sudo newrelic-install install
- Stop and start your services .i.e. Restart your web servers: httpd, apache2, nginx, php-fpm, etc.
- Then Go to your dashboard on New Relic and click on Connect to my application button and it will show the data on your dashboard in approximately 5 minutes.
Note : if you got any error while installation either Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions here https://newrelic.com/docs/php/new-relic-for-php#installation
In a default installation there should be no need to start the daemon manually using /etc/init.d/newrelic-daemon start. This is only needed in unique circumstances. The daemon should be started as needed by the agent when your web-server is restarted.
After a restart, do the following:
ps -aux | grep newrelic-daemon
If things are running you should see to processes named newrelic-daemon.
If these are not running then please locate your log files and send them to us. By default these files would be located at